Visioning an Awesome Year 2012

7.2.12

Dear Friends, I hope you are enjoying the weekend! Today I would like to share about a workshop that I attended two weekends ago. It was called Visioning Your Awesome Year, and was facilitated by artist and creative coach, Louise Gale, and artist and writer, Cathy Kirwan. The workshop was held at Ceres environmental park in Brunswick.


It was fantastic to meet Louise, Cathy, fellow blogger Lee Clements, Sharon, and everyone else too. We began the day by doing some various exercises and meditations to celebrate and let go of 2011, and affirm ourselves. The rest of the day was spent planning and dreaming, and creating a Vision Board. The purpose of a vision board is to create a picture of what you would like to bring in to your life. The pictures and text are a powerful way to impress our brain with our vision, and steer us in the direction of making choices and attracting opportunities related to it, and thereby making it real.



The process of creating the board involves cutting up images and text from magazines, sorting through them and choosing intuitively which ones feel right, and then glueing them down on to a large board.  I think it works best when you don't think too much about it, and work quickly. My board was a bit small so I couldn't fit in everything I wanted to, and I had to be very selective. But I was happy with the final outcome as it is simple and deeply meaningful to me right now. I didnt quite finish my board on the day, and added a bit more to it afterwards, including a few of Cathys affirmations which resonated with me.



We each brought a gift for an exchange which took place at the end of the day. This is really amazing when I think about it, but Cathy brought along a print with the word Shine on it. And Shine is the word that I selected for myself to represent this year! Cathy asked each of us to select a gift in turn, and as it took a while before she picked me, I started to get a bit anxious because I secretly wanted this print! Surprisingly it was still there when it was my turn to choose a gift. So its now mine and I take it to be a sign that I am heading in the right direction with my life. This is a big deal for me, because I have not always felt this way in the past. I am very thankful and grateful to have this print. The photo was taken by Kelly from 74 Lime Lane. Thank you Cathy and Kelly!!

To sum up, I had a lovely day and enjoyed it very much. I am glad I got out from behind the computer to spend an afternoon dreaming and planning with a group of like minded souls.  It was a supportive and nurturing environment and there was a lot of good energy in the room.  I left the workshop feeling inspired, happy and uplifted, with a very positive feeling that 2012 will be an Awesome Year!! As well as my Shine print, I was also given a goodie bag with a notebook, pens and affirmations to take away with me. Thank you Louise and Cathy for organising such a wonderful workshop!

If you would like to see more pictures of the day, please visit Louise Gales post, and Cathy Kirwans post.  Thank you all for your visit today! Happy Tuesday, and have a wonderful week! Wini xo

7 comments :

  1. Dearest sweet wini, such an inspiring workshop! I see a lot of words i could relate to on your vision board! Love it and im loving the energy it projects to us. So glad you found your 2012 word and that print is so beautiful and just perfect! My 2012 word would be soulful. :) Thanks so much for sharing sweet friend! Have a lovey merry happy week and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what fun, Wini... how wonderful to meet creative spirits and play. Great to see the photos of you & everyone. LOVE your vision board! I'm still working on my board for this year... it seems to be growing! ;o) I just signed up for the next Bloom True e-course which will be in June--VERY excited! So glad to have found out about these courses from you. :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Tracy, I am so excited that you have just signed up for Bloom True.. Yay!! I am sure it will be an amazing experience for you!!! Looking forward to see how you get on.

      Delete
  3. What a lot of fun and inspiration!!!! Love your vision board! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an amazing day for you Wini and I love your board, full of wonderful things for 2012! I'm thinking I need some time out from behind my computer, lol... could be good for a change of pace xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for stopping by and for your lovely messages!! I really appreciate it. Wini xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message! I love to hear from you and I read all comments.

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |